ProGrade Digital Announces Faster CFexpress Type B Memory Cards
ProGrade Digital CFexpress Gold label cards are available now at progradedigital.com, B&H Photo and Video, Adorama.com and Amazon in most countries around the world. Cobalt label cards will be shipping by late June.
“Since demonstrating the capabilities of CFexpress in early 2018, ProGrade Digital has been evolving this technology from the first cards introduced at the end of 2019 to these new, faster and lower power cards we are shipping today,” said Wes Brewer, founder and CEO of ProGrade Digital. “We are now able to offer the widest range of CFexpress card choices to meet both current and future needs of all leading-edge imaging applications. Coupled with our new CFexpress Thunderbolt 3 and USB 3.2 Gen 2 high speed readers and our Refresh Pro performance restoration and health monitoring software application, our customers have a complete solution for capturing and downloading still and video images as well as enhancing their digital imaging workflow.”
ProGrade Digital CFexpress portfolio:
- Maximum read speed 1700 MB/s
- Burst write speed 1500 MB/s
- Minimum sustained write speed 1400 MB/s
- Capacities: 325 GB, 650 GB
- Maximum read speed 1700 MB/s
- Burst write speeds up to 1500 MB/s
- Minimum sustained write speeds up to 400 MB/s
- Capacities: 128 GB, 256 GB, 512 GB, 1 TB
CFexpress Type B Cobalt and Gold both deliver:
- Fully compliant with CompactFlash Association 2.0 specification
- NVMe host interface with PCIe Gen3 X2 interconnect
- Extended battery life and low standby power through NVMe PS0 – PS4 support
- Metal enclosure for improved durability and heat dissipation
- Thermal throttling protects card from overheating
- Unique serialized tracking of every card enabling identification of key components and manufacturing data for the highest quality control
- Rigorous 100% full card testing down to individual memory chips for optimal quality
- X-ray proof, shock-proof
- Temperature ranges: operating 14 to 158°F/ -10 to 70°C; storage -4 to 185°F/ -20 to 85°C
- 3-year warranty
The CFexpress Type B form factor is gaining broad industry adoption due to its backward compatibility with XQD, and its open industry standard support from major device manufacturers.
All ProGrade Digital memory cards have a laser-etched serial number on the back and readers have a printed serial number. A customer can register their serial number at https://progradeditigal.com/register to stay up to date on the latest technology developments.
The founders of ProGrade Digital are industry veterans in the removable storage and digital photography industries. Each, having spent time at leading companies such as Lexar and SanDisk, brings extensive expertise in the design, development and manufacture of digital storage products, plus longstanding relationships with key manufacturing and supply chain partners. The company focuses exclusively on development of memory cards, card readers and workflow software for professional imaging markets. Flagship products include a full line of USB 3.1/3.2 Gen 2 & Thunderbolt 3 card readers, CFast 2.0, SDXC UHS-II and CFexpress Type B cards in a range of capacities all optimized to render maximum performance when paired with high-end DSLR, mirrorless, camcorder and digital cinema cameras from manufacturers such as Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Sony, Fuji, Olympus, RED and Blackmagic. ProGrade Digital memory cards expand the creative visions of cinema and photography professionals around the world.