Nisi Macro Focusing Rail NM-180
NiSi has released a new focusing rail for macro work that allows for very fine control of the camera position.
- Bigger adjustment range: Length of rail: 180mm. Adjustment range : 160mm.
- 4 detachable foot nails allow use of the rail directly on tabletop.
- The bottom includes 3/8” and ¼” screw hole which allows the use of all tripod heads.
- Collapsible Thumb-Screw Knob: easy to adjust and store.
- 360 degree rotating head.
- Engraved index marks on the both sides of the rail for fine adjustments.
- Longer quick-release plate for telephoto lens and with a groove for straps.
- Ergonomically designed quick-release plate: easy to lock and release
It has an Arca-Swiss standard dovetail so it can be used with any Arca-Swiss head or clamp.
Its stage travel per revolution is 1.25mm. The two focusing rails can be stacked for dual-axis adjustments.
It is constructed with high-quality CNC machined aluminum machined and is hard anodized with a corrosion resistant finish. These features make it scuff and scratch resistant.
The NiSi Macro Focusing rail retails for $129 USD and is expected to start shipping from July 13, 2020.
There are many other focusing rails on the market as well and range in price.