DaVinci Resolve 16.2.3 Update – Newsshooter
The new DaVinci Resolve 16.2.3 update has been released which adds support for Dolby Vision 4.1, faster performance with Canon EOS-1D X Mark III and EOS R5 clips using Apple Metal, improved ARRIRAW playback with more reliable ACES IDTs, better audio rippling and more.
- Support for Dolby Vision 4.1 CM algorithm to generate v2.9 trims from v4.
- Option to export a Dolby Vision v2.9 XML from a v4 project.
- Support for RED SDK 7.3.2.
- Faster Metal decoding for Canon EOS-1D X Mark III and EOS R5 clips.
- Addressed incorrect playback for some ARRIRAW clips.
- Addressed an issue with ACES IDTs for some ARRI MXF clips.
- Addressed a focus and text entry issue for editable media pool fields.
- Addressed an issue rippling audio extend edits in trim mode.
- Addressed display issues with track and edit index in Fairlight page.
- Addressed a layered editing issue when cloning audio clips.
- Addressed incorrect behavior moving tracks over linked audio tracks.
- Addressed incorrect masking in Text+ when using image shading.
- Addressed incorrect behavior deleting gradient points in inspector.
- Addressed multiple issues with blank Fusion previews.
- Addressed an issue persisting viewer LUTs with comps in Fusion page.
- Addressed an issue with offline reference wipe sizing in the viewer.
- Multiple performance and stability improvements.
Interestingly they already include faster Metal decoding for not only the Canon 1D-X III but also the EOS R5.
The DaVinci Resolve 16.2.3 Update is available to download from the Blackmagic Design Website.